created by DARAIS (da-ray-iss) an Artist who found a life full of passion in the Art of Beauty...Obtainable by anyone who wants to empower themselves. "My canvas speaks to me as I paint proportion and balance to an unbalanced world. Everyone is a celebrity to me, some walk on red carpets, most walk on kid stained carpets!" This is not your morning wakeup call... But your Morning MakeUp Call!

Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

WOMEN ROCK! SONGS FROM THE MOVIES

It was the end of September 2003 and I was excited to be chosen with one other artist from the MAC Pro store to represent at Lifetimes 4th Annual Women Rock! Songs from the Movies. This concert was to  Promote Breast Cancer Awareness. It was the first time I had seen so many Singers and Celebrities all together in one place and for an amazing cause. Everyone was extremely nice, happy, and I learned a lot about what women go through with breast cancer. Two incredible woman there were fighting personally... Sharon Osbourne and singer Anastacia. The sharing of there life hit me hard and I knew I needed to do more than just paint faces. I was busy backstage getting ready... singer from Heart, Ann Wilson and also the only guy performing, Kenny Loggins. I remember the movie "Footloose" was filmed only 20 miles from where I had grown up and the whole time I was doing his grooming I couldn't get the song out of my head.
darais and ann wilson backstage
The show was hosted by Mandy Moore with a list of Alison Krauss, Bonnie Raitt, Debbie Reynolds Jessica Alba, Lisa Rinna, Dolly Parton, Ann Wilson, Kenny Loggins, Sharon Osbourne, Mindy Smith, Anastacia, and many more teary eyed and emotional with me back in the green room. I don't think us MakeUp artists were prepared with enough waterproof eyeliner and mascaras. We had a blast. I also got to meet and work along side with Tommy Cole. President at the time of the 706 club or SAG for MakeUp Artists. He was so helpful with tips and techniques for stage MakeUp.

wireimage


wireimage


I loved it when Dolly came in for sound check at 8:30 am completely put together, her face completely painted. Her "No Such Thing as Natural Beauty" hair was perfect and up as well, and when I asked her what time she got up to achieve the look she said that her face she can do it under 30 minutes however her wigs are done days in advance. I loved talking with her and also my mom's favorite Debbie... Who says that if you wear Red Lipstick you can pretty much say whatever the #^%# you want! She made me laugh so much I cried even more. I was impressed with her elegance and stage presence. Everyone got reverent as she captivated and hypnotized the entire audience with her red lips and sequence!


wireimage

wireimage

No comments:

Post a Comment