created by DARAIS (da-ray-iss) an Artist who found a life full of passion in the Art of Beauty...Obtainable by anyone who wants to empower themselves. "My canvas speaks to me as I paint proportion and balance to an unbalanced world. Everyone is a celebrity to me, some walk on red carpets, most walk on kid stained carpets!" This is not your morning wakeup call... But your Morning MakeUp Call!

Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

COOL METALS and WARM METALS. Always Trendy... which is best for you?

Have you ever noticed that eye shadows come in every metallic shade possible. It makes some times those most difficult Morning MakeUp decisions about what eye shadow to wear, a thing of the past. In one of my posts on "Skins Undertones" we learned that Silver looks best on a Cool undertone and that Yellow gold looks best on Warm. I put together this chart to help you realize that there are a lot more options when trying to paint your eyes in the morning and some of the benefits that will come with it. If you are more Warm, use the warm metals above. If you are more Cool, use the cool metals. Neutral gets away with both!

When deciding what eye shadows to use I love using complementary color to make the eye color come to life, however, sometimes that color doesn't go with the outfit or dress you are wearing. Also I have noticed that color plays a big part in period MakeUp. The 60's, 70's, 80's all have their own color statement and I notice it most when looking at old pictures. MakeUp and hair can both get pretty out dated if done too trendy. When using color to bring out the eyes I love using it as a eye liner only. In person it looks fun and trendy making your eyes pop. But in most pictures it will appear less colorful and more neutral!

I think back to where trends used to come from. It was the runway shows in Europe. Milan, Paris, all inspiring not only what to wear in apparel but also how to paint your face. I think that's why the trends in the 70's and 80's are so drastic. Now think about where trends come from today. It's no longer that we all want to look like we are walking a catwalk but rather look like our favorite celebrity. Celebrities define the trends now and they have opted to do a much more simple, much more High Definition friendly, look. I think they want to play it safe and they pay me big bucks to keep them in the magazines as the top trend setting beauties that they are.

The first thing that a bride tells me when I am doing their make up is what their wedding colors are. The first thing a celebrity or their stylist shows me is the dress that they are wearing. I love the prom girls mom who brings in a piece of the fabric or better yet the entire dress. It's cute, but that's not the answer I am looking for. Bridal colors, and dress colors are seasonal. They come and go in and out of style. I try to allow my work to be timeless lasting always especially when that moment is caught within a photograph.

I am 100 percent sure that in 50 years, silver and gold will still be what everyone is wearing. That's why I always ask about the jewelry that is going to be worn. Celebrities usually will have 2 or 3 dress options for the night just in case one doesn't fit right, or it rips, or someone else shows up in that dress. What they won't remove however, regardless of how many dress changes, is their diamonds and jewelry either borrowed, or bought. I stapled this to my beliefs, in MakeUp, when doing Ashley Green's MakeUp for the Premiere of Twilight. Her jewelry was a bronze copper so decided to do a soft smokey eye to match that. It was beautiful and Ashley could change her ostrich feather black dress to something more fun and less dress up for the after parties!



ashley getting her face painted for twilight premiere

ashley and darais

vince bucci/getty images

InStyle did an article on how to get the look at the link below:
http://celebrityphotos.instyle.com/dailybeautytip/photos/results.html?No=517

It was an amazing day and I even got to bring my sister along as my beauty assistant. Thanks Christina for helping me out!

darais, ashley, and sister christina

Lots of you girls have been asking about specifics I used on Ashley. Here is a list:
Bigger eyes, Bigger Lashes, Bigger Lips was my inspiration. “Bigger is better!” Ashley said to me while getting her ready for the World Premier of Twilight. Must have something to do with how Big of a hit her movie is going to be.

The look consisted of flawless plastic looking skin, intensely smoked out eyes. Mascara for Miles and Soft lips you want to “bite”.

Moisturize with Lancôme’s Bienfait Multi-Vital Glow SPF 15.
Even out the skin using a foundation brush and tinted moisturizer. For Ashley I used Lancôme’s Aqua fusion Teinte #1 Naturel.
Set the skin with pressed Color Ideal Powder by Lancome.
Bronze the forehead, jaw line, neck and temples with Lancôme’s Bronze Solaire powder.
Use a mixture of Cappucine and Miel Glace blush by Lancome, on apples of the cheeks.
Highlight the High Cheekbones with Filigree Eye shadow.
Apply Lancome Aquatique Nude Eyeshadow Base from lash line all the way up past the crease using your finger.
Next take Lancôme’s Le Crayon Khol in Black Coffee and apply thick and messy eyeliner to the top lash line. Next take a concealer brush and smudge the black coffee liner up to the crease making the eye shadow base deeper.
Set the entire lid with Lancôme’s Color Design Eye shadow in Impress.
Blend the crease using Chic eye shadow by Lancome. Finish the outer crease with Lezard shadow.
Highlight under the brow and inner corner of the eyes with Filigree Shadow by Lancome.
Next rim the bottom inner eye with Black Coffee Khol pencil and set the inner rim also with Statuesque eye shadow by Lancome.
Apply Lancôme’s new mascara Oscillation with a push of a button. The vibrations give you perfect long lash separation.
Line the lips and fill in with Lancome Le Lipstique Sheer Pencil in Sheer Natural.
Apply Lancome Lipstick in Rendez-vous and Color Fever Gloss in Up in Smoke.
DARAIS

No comments:

Post a Comment