created by DARAIS (da-ray-iss) an Artist who found a life full of passion in the Art of Beauty...Obtainable by anyone who wants to empower themselves. "My canvas speaks to me as I paint proportion and balance to an unbalanced world. Everyone is a celebrity to me, some walk on red carpets, most walk on kid stained carpets!" This is not your morning wakeup call... But your Morning MakeUp Call!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MakeUp Artist Nathan Scott Hamilton. My Trainer, My Teacher, My Friend... photoshoots with photographer David LaChapelle

One of my favorite Trainers and Teachers when it comes to MakeUp is the forever talented and creative NATHAN SCOTT HAMILTON! www.nathanscotthamilton.com

2004-2006 He was kind enough to let me assist and learn from him while working on different ad and video shoots with the amazing and most popular photographer,
DAVID LACHAPELLE!

I LOVE watching him work, and work fast. He is a perfectionist and his story boards show true creativeness that he brings to life when he paints the face and body!
One of his first shoots, with me as an assistant, with David LaChapelle was for Skyy Sport. Here are a couple of the tears from the shoot!
makeup by nathan scott hamilton

makeup by nathan scott hamilton

I then was able to assist Nathan with the video shoot for the back screen behind Elton John, for his Vegas show: The Red Piano. One of the highlights was the concert Elton put on for friends and family and for everyone who worked on the production in Vegas! FUN NIGHT!




Another shoot Nathan did with David LaChapelle where I was able to assist was for Motorolla. This mask he created all from makeup was inspirational, clean, and perfection. Beautiful work as always Nathan. Thanks for letting me help you but mostly just watch you create!

nathan hamilton and model

nathan, model, and darais



Here is a short video of the look Nathan did live on the model for the shoot!


Thanks again Nathan Scott Hamilton for everything you did to make me successful in my career and opportunities! I owe you a lot!
Anyone interested in seeing more work by Nathan and or booking him for a shoot, job, or video go to his website at:

No comments:

Post a Comment